Educator Resources: What are the effects of a warming Arctic?
Interactive Data Story: What are the effects of a warming Arctic?
- “Have an Eye in the Sky” (scroll down to Joanna Chierici for lesson plan & supporting materials)
- Melting Glaciers (COSEE NOW)
- Amazing Albedo (NOAA, Climate.gov)
- Land Ice, Sea Ice and Sea Level Rise (PolarTREC)
- PIOMAS Arctic Sea Ice Volume data (1979-2016) (file updated 2/19/18)
- Reanalysis Air Temperatures data (1948-2016): Comparing global mean with Arctic mean
- Polar Literacy Principle #2 – Ice is the dominant feature of the Polar Regions.
- Polar Literacy Principle #5 – The Poles are experiencing the effects of climate change at an accelerating rate.
Teacher Webinar with Dr. Matt Druckenmiller (February 7, 2018)