- Participate in professional workshops.
- Write Broader Impact Statements to create/support education and outreach programs.
Scientists work with Polar-ICE staff to develop a science communication approach for their selected outreach event. Scientists participate in:
- Ask a Polar Scientist and/or Polar Scientist in the Spotlight for the Polar-ICE website.
- Present at an education conference or webinar with Polar-ICE staff.
- Participate in an educator professional development workshop.
- Engage with underserved and underrepresented students at one of four Polar-ICE Student Polar Research Symposiums.