Science Communication Workshop for Polar Scientists
Educators assisted scientists in building science communication skills (Ocean Science Meeting, February 21, 2016 New Orleans, LA at the Aquarium of the Americas). Fourteen educators from thirteen states participated in this workshop. Participating educators worked directly with 2-3 polar researchers at the Scientist Communication Series workshop to brainstorm effective practices for the scientists to communicate their research to broader audiences. Agenda and list of educator participants.
Polar ICE Summit 2019
The MBARI EARTH program, was developed and sponsored by Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute. It engages K-12 educators in the development of innovative lessons plans that use polar data.
- Polar-ICE EARTH Workshop 2017 – July 16-21, 2017 (Monterey, CA)
- Polar-ICE EARTH Workshop 2016 – July 24-29, 2016 (New Brunswick, NJ)
Science Investigations (Sci-I) Workshop
Science Investigation (Sci-I) Educator Workshops were designed to increase teacher’s skills in designing and conducting open-ended science investigations as well as analyzing and interpreting online data in alignment with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Educators participating in the Sci-I workshops were the initial step for the Sci-I Project.
- Polar-ICE Sci-I Project 2016 Educator Workshop – June 27-30, 2016 (New Brunswick, NJ)
- Polar-ICE Sci-I Project 2017 Educator Workshop – June 26-29, 2017 Byrd Center, The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH)
Past Educator Workshops offered at National Education Conferences
- Educator Workshop at NSTA Regional Conference in Minneapolis – October 29, 2016, Minneapolis Convention Center. Workshop Resources.
- Educator Workshop at Oceans 16 (MTS IEEE/OES) for K-12 Educators – September 17, 2016, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute.
- LTER Educator Night. October 18, 2016, Rutgers University. K-5 educators, participated in hands-on activities and share ideas about using non-fiction books and art to enhance their elementary science program.