Would you like to help celebrate Antarctic Day 2016 and decorate the Antarctic?
Dates: Flags must be received by 30th October 2016, to reach the Antarctic by December 1st 2016.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions. Pictures and certificates will return mid March 2017.
Purpose of Antarctica Day Flags 2016/2017:
– Teach about Antarctica as a place of peaceful scientific research and management
– Create flag designs for the Antarctic
– Connect the classroom with the scientists
– Each school sends 5 flags to the Antarctic
– These are photographed and returned
– Each pupil will get a certificate giving details about the flag location and researchers
-Email 5 flags to email@example.com
-Scanned jpg or pdf preferred (If images are too large, you will be asked to use dropbox.)
-Flags will be printed and sent to the Antarctic with a flag bearer
Support for this activity comes from the United Kingdom Polar Network. The student designed flags will travel to Antarctica with researchers.