Educator Resources: Where are those microplastics coming from and going?
Interactive Data Story: Where are those microplastics coming from and going?
- #7: Micro-Plastic Investigation in An Educator’s Guide to Marine Debris (by North American Marine Environment Protection Association (NAMEPA) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA))
- Mitigating Microplastics (by Marie Kowalski, Oregon Sea Grant / Oregon State University)
- Marine Debris: Fishing for Microplastics in Your Home (by Julie Masura, University of Washington – Tacoma)
- Photo identification key for microplastic images
- Polar Literacy Principle # 1 – The Arctic and Antarctic Regions are unique because of their location on Earth.
- Polar Literacy Principle # 5 – The Poles are experiencing the effects of climate change at an accelerating rate.
- “WHO launches health review after microplastics found in 90% of bottled water” The Guardian, Mar 14, 2018
- Beat the Microbead – Product List
- NOAA Marine Debris Program – Office of Response & Restoration
Teacher Webinar with Dr. Alexis Janosik (June 6, 2018)