Educator Resources: What kinds of sea ice are changing?
Interactive Data Story: What kinds of sea ice are changing?
- Arctic Sea Ice Exploration: A Mathematical Expedition in Polar Science (written by Lynn Foshee Reed for PolarTREC)
- Maps and graphs of monthly and daily sea ice data are available from the NSIDC Sea Ice Index
- Other sea ice data are available through the NSDIC database
- Polar Literacy Principle # 2 – Ice is the dominant feature of the Polar Regions.
- Polar Literacy Principle # 5 – The Poles are experiencing the effects of climate change at an accelerating rate.
Teacher Webinar with Dr. Alice Bradley (May 9, 2018)