Educator Resources: How and why are glaciers changing over time?
Interactive Data Story: How and why are glaciers changing over time?
- “I’m Melting, I’m Melting!” (scroll down to Kristina Hayda, Cathy McBride, Stacey Sebert, Patrick Murray for lesson plan & supporting materials)
- Glacier front distance data (Hintereisferner)
- Air temperature data (Hintereisferner)
- Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide data (Mauna Loa, NOAA)
- Watch Dr. Ellyn Enderlin interpret the data from this Data Story on page 10
- Polar Literacy Principle #2 – Ice is the dominant feature of the Polar Regions.
- Centennial glacier retreat as categorical evidence of regional climate change, Roe, et. al., Nature Geoscience, Dec 2016
- PhET Glaciers Interactive Simulations
- Flubber flow gif
- Glacier Flubber recipe
- “In Peru’s Deserts, Melting Glaciers Are a Godsend (Until They’re Gone)” by: Nicholas Casey (Nov 26, 2017), New York Times
Teacher Webinar with Dr. Ellyn Enderlin (December 6, 2017)